Vertical optiones: Use multiple light sources

hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper UserPosts: 85Trusted User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hello,
I discovered a new feature - very nice!

I would like to suggest to explaine it in the help file or the whats new page.

Example: I don't understand the effects of blending there (and the weighted average)

Oh!
Again a new feature: Color elevations on based on visible elevation values

Regards
Henry

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,690
    edited April 2014
    Hello Henry,

I am glad that you are able to make use of this new feature. Sometimes features that are added in the middle of a release cycle don't make it in to the documentation until the next release. The documentation for multiple light sources should be in version 15.2 when it is released in May. In the meantime, here is some information about the Define Multiple Light Sources window:

In the Multiple Light Sources section, the user can enter the following information:

Number of Sources: This is the number of light sources to use with the shader. When the user specifies a number greater than one, additional light sources will be distributed evenly in a circle, starting from the Azimuth specified above. For example, if the Azimuth is 45, and the user specifies 4 light sources, the sources will be positioned at 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees.

Blending Algorithm: The intensity values calculated for the multiple light sources can be handled in the following ways:

Maximum - the maximum intensity for each pixel will be used.
    Minimum - the minimum calculated intensity will be used.
    Average - the intensity values from the light sources will be averaged.
    Weighted Average - the intensity values will be averaged, with extra weight given to the value calculated at the specified Azimuth.

Cheers,

Bob