Global Mapper v25.0

GM - Duplicate Layers

Rkosei
Rkosei GM UserTrusted User
edited February 2014 in Technical Support
Dear Mike:

Please for some time now we have been experiencing some problems with our created layers. We used the Area Style under Configuration to create a new Layer Type called Trr Territories Cong - Twi. So far we have assigned more that 700 territories to that layer alone. Recently we noticed that the layers duplicate itself.

Example: We created a territory boundary and named it Abuakwa Cong and assigned it to the Trr Territories Cong - Twi layer. After some days (cant be sure of the days) if you search for all territories under the layer (Trr Territories Cong - Twi), you will find duplicates in it.

Which means we may have to go in one after the other and delete all those duplicates. I'm wondering if in the near future we have more territories than we have now and this problem continues, it wiil create a big job for us. I hope my explanation is clear.

We appreciate you kind consideration on this matter

Thanks
Richard:)

Comments

• Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited February 2014
    Hello Rkosie,

When you add additional features to the layer 'Trr Territories Cong - Twi' are you sure to select that layer in the Modify Feature Info dialog? This can default to 'Create New Layer for Feature' and result in redundant features in separate layers.

Regards,

Jasmine
  • Rkosei
    Rkosei GM User Trusted User
    edited February 2014
    Hi Jasmine:

Thanks very much for your input. With regards to your question, Yes we make sure to select that layer (Trr Territories Cong - Twi) in the Modify Feature Info dialog. Addittionaly, we do not normally make changes to the layer. Once we set it up using the Area Style tab under the Configuration dialog, we start using it. The only thing we usually do is to rename the created area not the layer itself.

Will appreciate more of your opinion on this.

Thanks
    Richard
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited February 2014
    Hi Richard,

If users create the feature, and then edit/rename it and change the layer at any time - then the original layer will still have a deleted version of the feature.

Regards,

Jasmine