Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper v15 Released Featuring New Extension Tools

global_mapper
global_mapper Administrator
edited December 2013 in Announcement and News
Dear Blue Marble User,

We are pleased to announce the release of Global Mapper version 15. This major release includes many powerful updates along with a new extension interface that provides add-on functionality, capabilities including the COAST tool and a new LiDAR Module.

If you are a Version 14 user this update is available for $169 for a single user license. Visit Purchase Global Mapper to purchase your upgrade.

If you are on a version older than Version 14 you can purchase the update and you may be eligible for a 25% discount off the regular purchase price, so please email gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com for more information.

The new extension interface in Global Mapper 15 allows customers the opportunity to create add-on applications that can be part of the software with access to all the formats and tools that Global Mapper has to offer. As part of this release, Blue Marble has created three modules; The COAST tool for cost/benefit analysis of coastal flooding incidents, an Overview Map Window application, and a new powerful LiDAR module. The LiDAR module is available for the price of another seat of the software, while COAST and the Overview Application are free.

This release also features a new Mathematical Raster Calculator for multi-band imagery analysis, the ability to edit and re-calculate multiple view shed layers, 3D PDF read/write support, scripting enhancements, such as passing variables to the script from the command line, and much more.

"Global Mapper is truly the GIS tool for everyone and that includes the basic user who simply needs to view data or output it to Google Earth, as well as the highly trained GIS or Survey professional working with LiDAR point clouds of a billion points or more," stated Blue Marble's President Patrick Cunningham "We are committed to adding the most advanced functionality at a price point that is within reach of everyone and we have again done so with this release."

For a complete list of new features and enhancements visit Global Mapper or download Global Mapper v15 today! For more information on how to write your own Global Mapper extension contact Blue Marble directly.

To introduce this new version, we will be presenting a free webinar titled "Global Mapper v15 - What's New" on October 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm (EDT). Register for this webinar.

Best Regards,
The Blue Marble Team
800-616-2725 / +1(207)622-4622

Comments

• energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2013
    Hi
    GM v15 is released finally, I think some users are pleased with new extension like lidar improvements, but some users are a bit disappointed,the people using GM had found something in last versions(12-13-14), dynamic legends,devoloping map layout tool, path profiles,some statistics graphs,movable pictures,map layout pieces.....I think you consider and know them. I'd like to indicate my idea
    I know and appreciate GM family,you always surprised at us because of your workinkg:) GM is best,usefull,friendly gis software

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2013
    Don't worry all that stuff is still coming, a main point of focus over the next year should be more map publishing and statistical stuff. And the path profile already started improving now with Lidar profile and is setup to be much easier to improve going forward. And now that 3rd-parties can write their own feature extensions to Global Mapper hopefully some stuff that we just don't have time or expertise for, like analysis in special fields, can be added into the Global Mapper interface as extensions.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • reinadeoz
    reinadeoz Global Mapper User
    edited September 2013
    energy wrote: »
    Hi
    GM v15 is released finally, I think some users are pleased with new extension like lidar improvements, but some users are a bit disappointed,the people using GM had found something in last versions(12-13-14), dynamic legends,devoloping map layout tool, path profiles,some statistics graphs,movable pictures,map layout pieces.....I think you consider and know them. I'd like to indicate my idea
    I know and appreciate GM family,you always surprised at us because of your workinkg:) GM is best,usefull,friendly gis software

Thanks

I agree u_u
  • RobertR
    RobertR GlobalMapper Fan! Trusted User
    edited September 2013
    energy wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

I had the same feeling at first. Quite a lot of focus on LIDAR data and just a bit on the rest. I was expecting new SQL stuff and new scripting language options but I understood that there will be available sometime soon.

So this is not a reproach, I just want to say that all of us have expectations in our region of interest. All in all I think it is a well built update. I will try to update soon.
  • aticimehmet
    aticimehmet Global Mapper User
    edited December 2013
    Before version 15, we have this 3D icon taking us to 3D view. And profile icon help us to analysis DEM or Lidar data. Now, is this new LIDAR module cover these features, or it's a stand alone tool with additional features?

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    edited December 2013
    All of the existing functionality from v14 and earlier is still available in v15 through the same interface. The Lidar module adds a completely new toolbar in addition to the existing ones. And the existing path profile tool has more functionality if you have the Lidar module active, but still has the same behavior as before for just plain terrain grids.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation