Global Mapper v25.0

xy points to line retaining attributes of each point

alancooper
alancooper Global Mapper User
edited September 2013 in Global Mapper Forum Website
I have a large file of airborne geophysical data consisting of points of values for each channel that were created as the plane flew along and they are grouped - as you would expect - with a field that contains the flight line number.

I want to create individual lines from these points retaining the attributes so that I can distribute a line of points linked together by the line number.

I have been told that this is an import requirement for some software packages that the data points have to grouped in lines.

Is there a tool or setting that I have yet to discover in GM, or does it need a special batch file to be written?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2013
    If you can select just the points for one flight line all at once you can use the right-click option in the Digitizer Tool under Create Line Features to create a line from the selected points. Just repeat for each collection of points for each flight line.

If you have all of your points in one layer, you could split them up by right-clicking on the layer in the Control Center and selecting the option to split by attribute, then split by the flight line attributes. Then right-click on each layer and select the option to select all features in the layer. Then you can create the line from those points and move on to the next one.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation