Can export image inherit characteristics of reference image (same origin, # pixels,

Michael MacDonaldMichael MacDonald Global Mapper UserPosts: 1
edited July 2013 in Raster Data
I have a georegistered reference image. It is 1000 x 600 pixels.
I have a new sensed image that I want to georegister to the reference image.
The new sensed image is 1200 x 700 pixels and covers an area slightly greater that the reference image.

I want to georegister the sensed image to the reference image and have the SW resample the sensed image into the same pixel grid as the reference image. In this process the sensed image would be re-sampled into the grid of the reference image and would be cropped to the extent of the reference image. The result would be a output image that exactly overlays the reference image pixel for pixel. The output image would also be the same file size as the reference.

I cannot seem to find a way to do this in global mapper. The SW lets me define a common region / rectangle to crop to, but it does this does not resample the resolution of the sensed image to the reference image, so they are not a one to one pixel overlay.

Right now I have to take the image to another SW package to georeg, crop, and output a "pixel stacked" data set.
Any help? Am I missing something?

Thx,
Mike

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2013
    Mike,

You could do this with a script. First manually rectify the larger image against the first one so it is properly positioned. Then run a script that uses the EXPORT_RASTER command to export out a new file. Use the LAYER_BOUNDS parameter to specify that the export should use the bounds of the original layer. Also add PIXEL_SIZE="1000x600" to the command. This should give you an output result with the exact bounds and pixel dimensions as the original smaller image, thus the pixels themselves should also align.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation