Global Mapper v25.0

Exporting PLS-CADD DEM

Jacob
Jacob Global Mapper User
edited February 2008 in Elevation Data
Hello All,
I am having difficulties when exporting and PLS-CADD DTM. I am a novice GM9 user so I may have a error in my procedure. I am exporting the SRTM into a PLS-CADD file, but for some reason the projection is changing. I have selected the projection I am mapping in, UTM 33S, but the DTM X&Y is not even close to my power line alignment (Which is UTM 33S GPS corridor survey). Any ideas or I am doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2008
    Are you changing the projection on the Projection tab of the Configuration dialog prior to exporting? This is where you need to change the projection to get your exported file in UTM 33S. Make sure NOT to change the projection for your SRTM data via the Options dialog in the Overlay Control Center as this would cause your SRTM data projection to be re-interpreted and not reprojected, which is not what you want in this case.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Jacob
    Jacob Global Mapper User
    edited February 2008
    Mike,
    As it turns out, its a PLS-CADD issue. The file header the top of my original PLS-CADD file selected US units when the project is in UTM. The SRTM data from GM was being converted to feet by PLS-CADD. I have changed the header and imported the DTM to PLS successfully. Thanks for the quick response.
    Jacob Hall